Sunday, January 28, 2018

The 2018 Rottnest Channel Swim is almost here!

I’m so excited to announce that my family and I are now just ONE MONTH away from leaving for Australia. On February 23rd, I’ll be swimming in my first ever Rottnest Channel Swim along with my sister Erica and two of our friends.

So, what the heck is that?!

The Rottnest Channel Swim is the world’s largest open water swim, with 2,500 participants expected this year. The 19.7 km swim takes place just off the west coast of Australia, between the Cottesloe Beach to Rottnest Island. We’ll be participating as a four person team, called “Three Beavers and a Kiwi!”

Check out this video to meet my little sister, Erica. We go through how we both got into swimming and what we’re expecting heading into the swim on February 23!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0gsQQXG8k

I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to explore Australia and to participate in such a cool event and bring my two youngest kids, Tate and Clara, along for the adventure. (And my amazing husband, Pat!)

Want to follow along with the Raineys as we head to Oz?

Keep an eye on the Aqua Life Swim Academy’s Facebook and Instagram accounts for our #YowSwimsRotto and the #YowInOz posts in the weeks leading up to and during our trip!

We will also be hosting a 10 day All-Things-Oz Facebook giveaway with a slew of neat Australian-exclusive prizes and one BIG grand prize of A YEAR OF FREE SWIM LESSONS. Click here to like us and follow us on  Facebook and Instagram!

Yeah, you read that right.

Want to find out more about the swim? Check out this great video from last year’s event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxuxRs0NTcM

The following post The 2018 Rottnest Channel Swim is almost here! was first published to: http://theaqualife.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment